Many criticisms of MNC activities and responsibilities result from host-country relationships. What are the issues that create some resentment?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:25 am ad1c9bdddf
Criticisms of MNC activities may occur from those at home or those in the host country. An example of an issue that creates resentment of MNC activities and responsibility resulting from host-country relationships is given in the text of companies continuing to do business in China despite "China's continued violation of human rights" (Deresky, 2011). When countries act in a manner that is not viewed acceptable by the general population, MNC's are criticized for doing business within these countries. Another example of this was when many major multinational companies sold or ...
This solution discusses issues that cause resentment between host countries and MNCs. Examples and reference are given.
1. In the case The EC Shatters Microsoft's Window
a. What are the background reasons behind all these different historic, political, legal, and business practices that gave rise to this situation?
b. Are there any differences in the approach to globalization?
2. Describe the term Managing Interdependence in Global arena and how the profitability of individual companies depends on cooperative attitudes toward global interdependence.
3. What are your recommendations for the MNC in Managing Interdependence between MNC subsidiaries and host country companies?
4. Evaluate Hofstede' four value of dimensions. How this knowledge will help the Managers of Multinational Corporations?
5. Interpret Trompenaar's Findings in cultural values and suggest strategies for managing MNC based on Trompenaar's Findings.
6. What is meant by the culture of a society, and why is it important for international managers to understand it? Do you notice cultural differences among your classmates? How do those differences affect the class environment? Your group projects? Your work environment? What are your suggestions you can provide to minimize disagreements and maximize productivity in corporations that lack diversity?
7. Discuss the role of information systems in a company, how and why it varies from country to country. Describe the effects of these variations in companies in different countries.
8. Discuss the stages in the negotiations process and how culturally based value system influence these stages. Explain the role of relative importance of relationship building in different countries explained in your textbook. Discuss the various styles and tactics that can be involved in exchanging task-related information.View Full Posting Details