E3-7. The ledger of Piper Rental Agency on March 31 of the current year includes the following
selected accounts before adjusting entries have been prepared.
Prepaid Insurance $ 3,600
Depreciationâ?"Equipment $ 8,400
Notes Payable 20,000
Unearned Rent 9,900
Rent Revenue 60,000
Interest Expense â?"0â?"
Wages Expense 14,000
An analysis of the accounts shows the following.
1. The equipment depreciates $400 per month.
2. One-third of the unearned rent was earned during the quarter.
3. Interest of $500 is accrued on the notes payable.
4. Supplies on hand total $700.
5. Insurance expires at the rate of $200 per month.
Prepare the adjusting entries at March 31, assuming that adjusting entries are made quarterly.
Additional accounts are: Depreciation Expense, Insurance Expense, Interest Payable, and
* prepare adjusting entries form account data
E3-8. Andy Wright,D.D.S., opened a dental practice on January 1, 2008. During the first month
of operations the following transactions occurred.
1. Performed services for patients who had dental plan insurance. At January 31, $875 of such
services was earned but not yet recorded.
2. Utility expenses incurred but not paid prior to January 31 totaled $520.
3. Purchased dental equipment on January 1 for $80,000, paying $20,000 in cash and signing a
$60,000, 3-year note payable.The equipment depreciates $400 per month. Interest is $500 per
4. Purchased a one-year malpractice insurance policy on January 1 for $12,000.
5. Purchased $1,600 of dental supplies. On January 31, determined that $400 of supplies were on
Prepare the adjusting entries on January 31. Account titles are: Accumulated Depreciationâ?"
Dental Equipment, Depreciation Expense, Service Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Insurance
Expense, Interest Expense, Interest Payable, Prepaid Insurance, Supplies, Supplies Expense,
Utilities Expense, and Utilities Payable.
*prepare adjusting entries
PLEASE UTILIZE THE ATTACHED SPREADSHEETS
The solution explains how to prepare adjusting entries