Does free trade equate to fair trade? Does free trade exist anywhere in the world? Respond to the questions and support your answers with examples.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:24 am ad1c9bdddf
Does free trade exist anywhere in the world?
There is no country that allows completely free trade (i.e. government does not impose laws and regulations on int'l trade at all). Virtually all countries have some sort of tariffs that protects domestic industries (some of these tariffs may be very low, 1-4%, but this is ...
Does free trade equate to fair trade? Does free trade exist anywhere in the world?
14 business analysis questions: free trade, business forms, agency, ethics, law
1. In your own words describe the purpose for developing free trade agreements? Explain how the establishment of free trade areas represents both a threat and an opportunity for global corporations
2. How and why have the forms of business organization used to manage business commerce changed over time
3. A pharmaceutical company has developed a cure for cancer. They put it on the market and cure thousands of people. Their ongoing research, however, shows that it is not universally effective and that some who could be receiving other kinds of treatment, die as they wait to see if the drug will work. Also, as many as 7% of those who take the drug will die from adverse allergic reactions. Give an argument in favor of leaving the drug on the market or removing it from the market based on a utilitarian law, a moral rights law, and a justice rule. How would you advise the CEO of this company and why?
4. What is the relationship between ethics and the law? Can an action be unethical but not illegal? If so, explain how and give an example.
5. Explain the agency problem. How can stock option programs work to lessen the agency problem?
6. Why should a company be concerned about the organizational socialization process?
7. What is a flexible work team? How would the job descriptions of employees on flexible work teams differ from those in a mass production setting?
8. Explain the two work situation contingencies in the contingency theory of leadership and the importance of each in selecting a leadership approach.
9. Explain goal setting theory and why goal-setting increases motivation
10. Analyze and explain the collective bargaining process and the steps available to settle disputes when the parties cannot agree on a solution. Does the mediator have formal authority to impose a solution in a labor dispute? If mediation fails what actions will typically follow?
11. What is product positioning? Give an example of how each of the four components of the marketing mix could be used to position a new minivan for the well educated, young, middle income family with two or more children
12. List and explain the impacts of the three major factors impacting the selection of a company's distribution mix
13. Explain the functions of financial and managerial accountants and explain how their reports are used by companies.
14. Analyze and explain the relationship between risk and return in financial markets. As an investor what would some of your expectations be with regard to a high risk investment and low risk investment?View Full Posting Details