1. How much of Coca-Cola's long-term debt is due in 2007?
2. How much of Coca-Cola's long term debt is due in each of the next 4 years (2008-2011)?
3. Why might financial analysts be interested in these scheduled debt payments? What options does the company have with regard to making its payments?
4. Compute the company's effective interest rate for 2006 using the reported cash interest payments and the average amount of debt outstanding during the year. In addition to long-term debt stated in the report, the company had $3,877 million in average short-term debt outstanding.
5. what will the company's interest expense be for 2007?
6. why might the effective interest rate calculation described in requirement 4 misstate a company's true interest cost when debt is issued at a premium or discount?
7. Approximately $436 million of long-term debt is due in 2009. Describe how the company might obtain the cash needed to make this payment.
8. Approximately $116 million of long-term debt is due in 2093 because Coca-Cola is one of those companies that has issued "century bonds". Describe the accounting and income tax issues raised by this maturity date.
Please see the attached.
How much a Coca-Cola's long-term debt is due in 2007 is determined.