What are the quantitative measures that are used to determine the impairment of an asset? How would you apply these quantitative measures to intangible assets?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 8:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. significant decrease in the market value of an asset
2. significant change in the extent or manner in which an asset is used
3. significant adverse change in legal factors or the business climate that affects the value of the asset
4. an accumulation of costs significantly in excess of the amount originally expected to acquire or construct an asset
5. a projection or forecast ...
The solution lists five measures of asset impairment and then applies those measurements to three types of intangible assets.