You are heading for an interview at a fortune 500 company. You know there will be interviews for 2 different positions; one in the financial accounting department, and one in their managerial accounting department. You expected to interview by managers from each department, and in fact they have each sent you a set of questions for you to be ready to answer.
In a list format, prepare answers to the following two sets of questions:
- The financial accounting manager's questions:
* What particular activities do you think my department is responsible for? Which of these do you feel are the most critical to the company? Why?
* What are some examples of the reports we prepare? Who do you think looks at each of the reports?
* What would you expect to be your biggest challenges in this job in this department? Why do you think so?
* What exactly is variance analysis? Why is it important to the firm's management team?
- The managerial accounting manager's questions:
* What particular activities do you think you will be doing in my department? Which do you think are the most important? Why?
* What are some typical reports you might be expected to prepare? Why are these important? To whom they important?
* What is exactly is variance analysis? Why is it important to the firm's management team?
Discussion is in everyday language and uses field experience to give examples for the student.