Subject: HIPAA PAPER
Details: Research and identify the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
1. Who does this Act apply to?
2. What does this Act require?
3. Identify an e-business that is affected by this Act.
4. How should an e-business that is affected by this Act apply the requirements of the Act to its business to mitigate risk?
5. Assess the impact of ethics on this issue. Keep in mind the following quotation: ?The law often permits what honor forbids? (Bernard Joseph Saurin). Just because an e-business practice may be legal, is it necessarily ethical?
Through research and addressing the questions, this solution provides assistance in writing a paper on the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a law that governs patient privacy and the confidentiality of sensitive medical information. Because HIPAA affects everyone in a medical practice, your boss has asked you to prepare a short document for the staff about HIPAA.
â?¢ Research HIPAA, and create a 1â?"2-page handout for the staff at your work that covers the following:
o What is HIPAA?
o What are 2 major rules of HIPAA that deal with privacy?
o How can HIPAA affect the way a company does business?
o What are some ways to protect patient information so that the practice is HIPAA compliant?