Write a proposal which applies the methods for calculating a project's viability advising Ford Motor Co. on obtaining funding and managing a project budget, to purchase equipment to increase worker safety. Review Ford's annual report. The initial investment is $25M and the yearly cash inflows are as follows:
Year 2: $5M
Year 3: $10M
Year 4: $15M
Year 5: $12M
Assume all cash flows are at the beginning of the period and a discount rate of 10%.
Include the following information in the proposal (no more than 1300 words):
1. Define business needs in an overview of the project, including high-level deliverables to solve the problem.
2. Describe the net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), profitability index, and payback methodologies for calculating the projects viability. Examine the strengths and weaknesses of each methodology.
3. Calculate NPV, IRR, profitability index, and payback method. Explain the rationale for accepting or rejecting the project based on its financial viability.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:28 am ad1c9bdddf
Here is an outline to assist you in writing your proposal. Use it as a guide as experts are not permitted to write essays.
1. The posting did not include details about the projects to be able to discussion deliverables. However, in a write up, you would clearly mention that worker safety projects should review not only the financial returns but also the qualitative aspects, such as reputation, health, morale, and legal issues surrounding safety.
2. NPV is the dollar amount of the future cash flows expected discounted back to present dollars. That is, the amount of profits expected in today's dollars, assuming a 10% cost of ...
The computation of NPV, IRR, profitability index and payback are in Excel for you. Click in cells to see calculation.
Please write an Executive Summary for the paper provided in the attachment. The summary should be an overview of the paper in the attachment.
* The summery should be no longer than 1/10th of the original paper
* List the main points of the paper in the same order they appear on the document in the attachment
* Write a simple declarative sentence for each of the main points
* Add supporting or explanatory sentences as needed, avoiding unnecessary technical material or Jargon.View Full Posting Details