Not what you're looking for?
Mr. Doe started a new retail store by using some funds accumulated in the past. The value of Mr. Doeâ??s business can be stated to be equal to the present value of the free cash flow that the retail store will generate in the future. To find out the present value of free cash flow, you need to find the discount rate (required rate of return) based on the level of risk related to Mr. Smith's retail store. To calculate adjusted discount rate, you need to use Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM).
The information related to discount rate and free cash flow projections is as follows:
RRF (risk free rate of return) = 4%
RM (return on market portfolio) = 12%
Ã?j (beta of the security) = 0.9
E(rj )= RRF + b(RM - RRF)
Consider the project with the following expected free cash flows:
Year Free Cash Flow
Based on the above information, what is the required rate of return? What is the value of the company?
Purchase this Solution
The problem deals with estimating the cost of equity by using the Capital asset pricing model approach and determining the value of the company.
- B. Sc., University of Nigeria
- M. Sc., London South Bank University
- "Thank you."
- "thank you Chidi Ngene.. if you have any APA references would be great"
- "Thank you so much for your help, your explanations were easy to understand and apply!"
- "are you able to highlight the equations used either on the xlsx or a word doc as to how each graph was formed- overall looks fine i just need help understanding this myself"
- "Chidi Ngene, M. Sc. Was extremely helpful as without the help and guidance I would have failed, but with the help I passed. I still have a lot to learn and in need of the guidance to understand and learn more on the subject. I would recommend Chidi Ngene and BrainMass to anyone that are in need of help. Thank you!!"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz gives students the opportunity to assess their knowledge of cost concepts used in managerial accounting such as opportunity costs, marginal costs, relevant costs and the benefits and relationships that derive from them.
This quiz prepares a person to do well when it comes to studying organizational leadership in their studies.
These 10 questions help a new student of accounting to understand the basic premise of accounting and how it is applied to the business world.
The quiz will test your knowledge on basic social media concepts.
Importance of Critical Thinking