A consumer electronics firm is planning an expansion into Milwaukee. Generally, the firm prefers to remodel large existing tenant spaces to suit their needs. After a site is selected from several alternatives, the corporate architect develops plans by reviewing the suitability of existing structure and utilities. A modification and demolition plan is then developed. Interior finish plans are then developed from corporate standards and adjusted to each site.
- Building permits are handled by the general contractor (GC). The firm uses the GC for all of its construction in a region. The GC hires local subcontractors and provides on-site construction supervision.
- As construction begins, the firm also begins to assemble a new management team from existing management staff, making an attempt to use only staff that has an interest in relocating. Sales staff is hired locally.
- When construction is approximately six weeks from completion, inventory is ordered.
What work breakdown structure (WBS) could I use for this project with activities corresponding to a two level task and sub-task hierarchy? Please show columns for the WBS code and activities. Number and indent the WBS codes so that the level of each activity can be identified.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:27 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution discusses the work breakdown structure (WBS).
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Assessments
Can you please help me with the following?
1) What elements of the project plan depend on the WBS (work breakdown structure)? Select four of these and explain the relationship with examples.
2) Why is it useful to have a complete WBS before engaging in formal uncertainty assessment? Use an example of your ow creation to support your explanation.