Explain at least 2 different types of team building concepts used by business today by answering the following questions.
- What type of team building concepts does this type of concept promote? What type of team dysfunctions does this address?
- Do you believe these team building concept techniques would benefit or enhance team performance? Why or why not?
- Have you experienced this type of team building within your organization? If so, how did it work? If not, do you believe this type of team building would work within your organization? Why or why not?
- Do you believe one technique is better than the other? Why or why not?
- How would you employ this technique within your organization? What changes would you adopt? Why or why not?
As much information as possible thank you.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 4:15 am ad1c9bdddf
In the 21st century the team dynamic has changed, according to G.M. Parker (2008) developing an effective team is increasingly more difficult to sustain and build a team. Perhaps this is due to the changes within individual characteristics or the fact that some people prefer to function independently away from a team environment. Some individuals would rather make their own decisions instead of gathering a consensus or vote on potential productive strategies in order to move forward. The most common team building model that is still in use today is the model produced by Bruce Tuckman, Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing. I've worked in several teams and we always build according to this model. In the article Team Building by T. Haws, he explains his perspective of the Tuckman's team building model, however, I equate the "storming" segment with "brainstorming" instead of the Haw's or Tuckman definition.
Forming- is quite simply the beginning stages of team building. I refer to this stage as the getting to know you period. Every one becomes more acquainted with every member on the team. A leader is appointed based on the leaders strengths and ability to lead and delegate tasks, or a leader is established from the very beginning and he or she is the person who selects the members based on his or her knowledge of the candidates prior work ...
The team building concepts used by today's businesses are determined.