Evaluate the role banks play in world financial markets. Describe two problems with banks as international lenders associated with international debt.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 7:32 am ad1c9bdddf
According to D'Estaing (1991), the ten point strategy formulated by the High-level Expert Group which is going to be endorsed by the InterAction Council are enumerated below. With the central banks performing their role, the strategy hopes to achieve greater transparency as well as more stable and efficient financial markets.
1. Independent central banks need to show that their monetary policies reflect price stability. This will encourage adequacy of private savings and stability in financial markets. Price stability is the final goal of monetary policy. Independent banks conduct them as they have become experienced with the financial and economic changes and putting into mind the importance of their long-term goals. Government fiscal policies need to support the banks' efforts of keeping price stability.
2. With the new financial environment in a globalized world, banks need to adapt appropriate monetary policies to will suit to it. Central banks need to collect information and learn recent advancements in technology in the financial markets.
3. To strengthen the international ...
The solution of 613 words discusses strategies for a more stable and efficient financial market with examples. References used are included.
"A Look at Each Side of the Ongoing Debate on Whether Fair Value Accounting Rules should have been Modified?" -
"A Look at Each Side of the Ongoing Debate on Whether Fair Value Accounting Rules should have been Modified?"
- Arguments in favor & against of the changes
- What is your opinion? Do you believe the FABS should have made the changes on 4/2/09 resulting in a probable decrease in asset write-downs?
- What do you believe some of the key issues will be now that the announcement has occurred?View Full Posting Details