Create an avatar of yourself using a (free) online avatar-creator tool.
Copy & paste that avatar into a Word document.
Then write a 1.5 or 2 page paper describing how the avatar represents you. Use Wood (2010) textbook to explain identity and perception ideas.
Please see the attached rubric
Avatar Creation & Explanation Response Paper
Assignment description: Create an avatar and then write a paper explaining your creation.
1. Create an avatar character (a cartoon-like representation of yourself) online for free. Lots of websites allow you to do this free of charge... and some don't even require you to create an account.
• For example, I created an avatar of myself at http://avachara.com/avatar. That website lets you create a human avatar and you can save the image you created when you're done... or you can screen capture your computer screen and share your avatar that way.
• Feel free to use any online avatar-creator-service (you don't have to use avachara).
2. Create an avatar that describes you
• Your avatar is a "cartoon" version of you that depicts WHO YOU ARE in some way
• This assignment is a self-perception exercise. In other words, the purpose of this assignment is for you to (a) reflect about who you are and (b) illustrate your self-perception
3. After you've created your avatar, copy and paste the image into a word document (or screen capture your computer screen and then paste your avatar into MS Word).
4. Next, write a 1.5—2 page explanation paper (one to two pages of words NOT including the image).
• Describe the various elements of your avatar (i.e., what are you wearing, doing, and/or holding. What color is your hair and skin—and how do you feel about those attributes?). Do your best to explain why your avatar represents you and your personality, values, and priorities.
• Work to incorporate ideas you learned from Wood (2010). For example, you may find it useful to define the term perception before you begin describing your avatar—which is a self-perception.
Avatar Assignment Student Name:
Student created an avatar and included that in his/her paper /5
Student fully describes his/her avatar image in the paper /5
Why does the avatar physically look the way it does?
Does the avatar mimic your physical attributes? How do you feel about those attributes?
What does the avatar say about your personality, likes, dislikes, values, etc.?
Student cites Wood (2010) in APA style /2
Cite author in correct APA style in-text
Paper meets length requirement /3
Student writes a 1.5-2 page explanation of his/her avatar (length of paper does NOT include image)
Total Points Earned: /15
I. Firstly, as your instructor states, "This assignment is a SELF-PERCEPTION exercise. In other words, the purpose of this assignment is for you to (a) reflect about who you [THINK] are and (b) illustrate your self-perception" [in terms of how you think you APPEAR]. Remember there are several components of any relationship or exchange with others:
• Who you think you are
• Who the other person thinks you are
• Who you think the other person is
• Who the other person thinks 'you think' they are
• ...and more - especially when others are involved
II. To get the full 15 points for this assignment, follow the rubric step-by-step, and be sure to incorporate use of the Wood (2010) textbook to explain your identity or ...
The solution discusses how to create an avatar of yourself using a (free) online avatar-creator tool. The Avatar is a copy & paste into the Word document according to the rubric. A sample starter in terms of instructions are provided for how to write a 1.5 or 2 page paper describing how the avatar represents you - the creator. The assignment requires students to use the Wood (2010) textbook to explain identity and perception ideas.