The attached excel file has example problems from this book
TAX YEAR 2006
Pope, T. & Anderson, K. & Kramer, J. (2007). Federal taxation comprehensive. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 10:44 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution contains a set of problems:
1. The manner in which an individual is taxed if they are an S corporation shareholder and/or employee versus owning and/or working for a C corporation.
2. Accounting for a company's net income under the accrual and cash bases.
3. The taxation of income in a community property state.
4. The deductibility and requirement to include in income various types of insurance premiums.
5. A comprehensive 1040 containing rental income and the phase-out of itemized deductions and personal exemptions.
6. The factors involved in determining if a taxpayer has a profit motive (or, the factors in allowing a "hobby loss").
Note that all problems are stated and solved in a series of Excel spreadsheets.