You are an accountant at a small accounting firm. One of your clients is looking to open a small river-rafting business. Your client will run the business operations from a mobile home office on a piece of land on the riverbank. Your client must decide the best location to start this business and has asked you to explain the accounting advantages of choosing the best location. Your client is also wondering if the business should build a permanent structure on the land, or use the mobile home they already own. Additionally, your client wants to know the insurance implications of this decision. How would the insurance implications of the location decision change the company's risks and how might your client use insurance to better manage those risks? You are to conduct research on Volusia County Florida location and that your client will use to start this business.
Address the following for Volusia County Florida based on research of the site located in Florida
* Evaluate the legal aspects of acquiring, holding, and disposing of real property in Volusia County Florida.
* Evaluate the legal aspects of acquiring, holding, and disposing of personal property in Volusia County Florida.
* Analyze the business use of insurance for various risks.
* Identify environmental issues and regulations related to the site.
* Discuss Volusia County Florida location you will suggest to your client to run the business from, and why this location is advantageous relative to your discussion of real and personal property and the use of insurance.
Evaluate the legal aspects of acquiring, holding, and disposing of real property in Volusia County Florida.
The legal aspects of acquiring holding and disposing of real property in Volusia County Florida is that if new buyers must record their deeds at the public records office of Volusia County Florida courthouse. The recording gives notice that the particular piece of property has been sold and subsequent purchases should be careful. The Florida law applies in Volusia County Florida and Titles in Florida are registered under the abstract system. The Title to the real estate is the right to or the ownership of the property. The documentary evidence is also called Title to the ownership. The company must take out a warranty deed as this provides the greatest protection to the purchaser. The warranty deed is a pledge by the seller that she/he is the legal owner of the property and there are no outstanding liens, mortgages, or other encumbrances against it. The seller can be held responsible later if the title is defective. The purchasing of a real estate must provide ample opportunity to your company to make sure that there are no environmental hazards or injuries because of the defects of the structure. In case of Volusia County Florida, the county ...