Using the internet, find a real world example where fractions were used to solve a problem. Explain what the real world problem is, what the fractions mean in the problem and explain how the problem was solved. In addition, be sure to explain what the solution is to the problem as well.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 11:39 am ad1c9bdddf
The real world problem that I had today that required fractions was in my garden. I got a soil report that explained how much fertilizer to put out per acre and the dilution ratio. I have one-half an acre so all the recommendations had to be multiplied by one ...
Your tutorial is a fertilizer problems to feed a vegetable garden. 152 words.
Ratio and Proportion : Problems and Real-Life Applications
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
20. A Boeing 747 jet is approximately 230 ft long and has a wingspan of 195 ft. If a scale model of the plane is about
40 cm long, what is the model's wingspan?
28. The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in karats (K), where 24K represents pure gold. The mark 14K
on a chain indicates that the ratio between the mass of the gold in the chain and the mass of the chain is 14:24 . If a gold ring is marked 18K and it weighs 0.4 oz, what is the value of the gold in the ring if pure gold is valued at $300 per oz?
37. Write a paragraph in which you use the terms ratio and proportion correctly.
38. List three real-world situations that involve ratio and proportion.
28. The effect of depreciation can be computed using a formula similar to the formula for compound interest.
a. Assume depreciation is the same each month. Write a problem involving depreciation and solve it.
b. Develop a general formula for depreciation defining what each variable in the formula stands for.
29. Find four large cities around the world and an approximate percentage rate of population growth for the countries in
which the cities are located. Estimate the population in each of the four cities in 25 yr.