Can you help me get started with this project?
Your company is looking to make the following annual dividend payments over the next 4 years, commencing 1 year from today: $10, $14, $7 & $2. After this time the company expects to maintain a constant growth rate of dividends of 5% indefinitely.
1. With a required rate of return equal to 4 times the current return on government bonds (currently 3.5%), what is the intrinsic value of the company's shares today?
2. How do you determine of the shares are overvalued or undervalued?
3. What assumptions are you making about a shareholder investment in the company in order to justify the calculated intrinsic value in part 1?
4. What would be the difference in your answer to part 1 if the required rate of return of the shares was only equal to only 2 times the return on government bonds? Show calculations.
5. Explain your answer to part 4 in terms of the relationship between price and yield.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 8:14 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Required rate of return = 3.5%*4=14%
Intrinsic value of shares = PV of all future dividends payments
=PV of dividend payments for first four years + PV of value of stock at the end of 4 years.
2. If the current market value of the share is more than $39.2686, the ...
You will find the answer to this puzzling assignment inside...