(Please see the attachment for questions, complete with diagrams/figures)
2. If the 10-kg ball has a velocity of 3 m/s when it is at the position A, along the vertical path, determine the tension in the cord at this position and the magnitude of acceleration of the ball at this position.
3. The 2-Mg car is being towed by a winch. If the winch exerts a force of T = (100s) N on the cable, where s is the displacement of the car in meters, determine the speed of the car when s = 10 m, starting from rest. Neglect friction.
4. The 15-Mg freight car A and 25-Mg freight car B travel towards each other with the velocities shown. If the coefficient of restitution between the cars is e = 0.6, determine the velocity of each car just after the collision.
5. At the instant shown, wheel A rotates with angular velocity and angular acceleration shown in the figure. Determine:
(a) the angular velocity of link BC and the velocity of piston C at this instant;
(b) the angular acceleration of link BC and the acceleration of piston C at this instant;
(c) the angular momentum of link BC about point A at this instant if link BC has a mass of 5-kg and can be treated as a uniform rod.
6. The uniform slender pole shown has a mass of 100 kg. If the coefficients of static and kinetic friction between the end of the pole and the surface are mu_s = 0.3 and mu_k = 0.25 respectively, determine the pole's angular acceleration at the instant the 400-N horizontal force is applied. The pole is originally at rest.
7. The 60-kg rod OA is released from rest when theta = 0 degree. Determine its angular velocity when theta = 45 degree. The spring remains vertical during the motion and is unstretched when theta = 0 degree.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 9:55 pm ad1c9bdddf
Step by step solutions provided.