Physical science (8th edition) by Bill W. Tillery
2. A force of 400.0 N is exerted on a 1,250 N car while moving it a distance of 3.0 m. How much work was done on the car?
4. An electric hoist does 196,000 J of work in raising a 250. 0 kg load. How high was the load lifted?
8. How much work will be done by a 30-gram bullet that is traveling at 200m/s?
9. A force of 50.0 lb is used to push a box 10.0 ft across a level floor. (a) How much work was done on the box? (b)What is the change of potential energy as a result of this move?
16. (a) How many seconds will it take a 10.0 hp motor to lift a 2,000.0 lb elevator a distance of 20.0 ft (b) What was the average velocity of the elevator?
18. What is the velocity of a 60.0 kg jogger with a kinetic energy of 1,080.0 J?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:43 am ad1c9bdddf
Many questions are solved in this posting. These questions involved cover work, force, distance, potential energy, kinetic energy, velocity, power, time, and height.
A 3.0 kg object subject to a restoring force F...
2. A 3.0 kg object subject to a restoring force F is undergoing simple harmonic motion with small amplitude.
The potential energy U of the object as a function of distance x from its equilibrium position is shown above.
This particular object has a total energy E of 0.4 J.
(a) What is the object's potential energy when its displacement is +4cm from its equilibrium position?
(b) What is the farthest the object moves along the x-axis in the positive direction? Explain your reasoning.
(c) Determine the object's kinetic energy when its displacement is -7 cm.
(d) What is the object's speed at x = 0?View Full Posting Details