Hi, I am having a lot of difficulty understanding vectors, can you please assist me with these questions.
Given: position vector A = i hat.
position vector B = i hat + j hat + k hat.
1) Find A hat and B hat (unit vector in that direction).
2) Find position vector C in that plane perpendicular to position vector A.
3) Find position vector D in that plane perpendicular to position vector B.
4) Say position vector Q = position. vector A cross position vector B. Take Q across A such that is orthogonal to that plane.
5) If a vector is vector is orthogonal to A what does that mean?
6) Find C hat and D hat which are normalized vectors. What is a normalized vector?
7) Show by taking B across C, that the vector is now along Q.
8) If you take B across C you get a row vector E = B cross C, show that.
This solution provides a step by step response for each vector problem asked, which clearly demonstrates how to approach these sorts of questions. In order to view the solution, a Word document file needs to be opened.