1. Convert the following angles from degrees to radians, to three significant figures: a) 15°, b) 45°, c) 90° and d) 120°.
2. A jogger on a circular track that has a radius of 0.250km runs a distance of 1.00 km. What angular distance does the jogger cover in a) radians and b) degrees?
3. In Europe, a large circular walking track with a diameter of 0.900 km is marked in angular distances in radians. An American tourist who walks 3.00 mi daily goes to the track. How many radians should he walk per day to maintain his daily routine?
4. Electrical wire with a diameter of 0.50cm is would on a spool with a radius of 30 cm and a height of 24cm. a) Through how many radians must the spool be turned to wrap one even layer of wire? B) What is the length of this wound wire?
5. If a particle is rotating with an angular speed of 3.5 rad/s, how does it take for the particle to go through one revolution?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 1:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution goes over a number of physics problems relating to the use of angles, degrees, and radians.