1. A laboratory receives a sample of a metallic alloy composed of aluminum and magnesium. The sample is a solid cylinder with a diameter of 2 cm and a length of 5 cm. Its mass is 15.70 g. What is its density? What is its specific gravity?
2. A boat has a dry weight of 3500 lbs. How many liters of water does it displace?
3. A steel pipe runs vertically from the floor of the ocean to the surface. The pipe is empty -- that is, contains air at atmospheric pressure . What is the water pressure on the pipe 200 m below the surface? At that point, what is the force on 1 cm^2 of the pipe wall? (Density of seawater = 1.03 kg/L)
5. The static water pressure at point 1 in a pipe is 100 kPa, and the fluid velocity is 2 m/s. At point 2 downstream, the pipe widens and the velocity decreases to 1 m/s. What is the static pressure at that point? The usual assumptions concerning laminar flow, no friction losses, incompressibility, etc. all apply.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:14 am ad1c9bdddf
1. density = mass/volume = m/(pi*r^2*l) = 15.70/(3.1415*1^2*5) = 1.00 g/cm^3
specific gravity = density of this sample/density of water = 1.00/1.00 = 1
2. F = mg = density*volume*g, volume = m/density = ...
The expert examines static and dynamic pressures for fluid mechanics.
Need information on succession management.
Note: Try to find something dealing with health care (do not have to be in health care) to write a paper on succession management:
1. What is succession management?
2. What are the goals?View Full Posting Details