The magneticfield can store energy, but it can do no work. Therefore, another agency must be responsible for doing the work that puts the energy into the magneticfield. In order for the energy in the field to be reduced to zero, work must be done. Explain where the energy goes when the B field collapses. What possible agen
4) Investigate the following statement using Ampere's law: In a region of space where there are no conduction or displacement currents, it is impossible to have a uniform magneticfield that abruptly drops to zero.
Use Ampere's Law to find the magneticfield, produced by a lightning bolt at a distance of 37.0 m from the lightning bolt, which can be approximated by a long straight wire, when a charge of 10.0 C flows in a time of 6 x 10^-3 seconds.
An infinitely long cylinder of circular cross section of radius a carries over current I^1 that is uniformly distributed over the cross-sectional area. The axis of the cylinder coincides with the z axis and I^1 is in the positive z direction. Choose a field point on the x axis and find B for all values of x, both inside and outs
1. What is the definition of displacement current and how does it arise? Does displacement current have any real significance? Explain
2. Write down the maxwell's equations of electromagnetism, and state the laws they represent. Explain the meaning of all the symbols used.
A coaxial cable consists of a solid inner conductor of radius R1, surrounded by a concentric cylindrical tube of inner radius R2 and outer radius R3. The conductors carry equal and opposite currents I distributed uniformly across their cross-sections. Determine the magneticfield at a distance R from the axis for:
a) R < R1,
A uniform current density J =Jo *zhat fills a slab straddling the yz plane, from x=-a to x=+a. A magnetic dipole m= mo *xhat is situated at the origin.
a) Find the force on the dipole, using F = ▽(m.B)
b) Do the same for a dipole pointing in the y direction m= mo *yhat
See attached file for full problem description.
15. The value of the magneticfield for a certain type of electromagnetic wave is 1.82 uT. What is the value of the electricfield for that wave?
16. The rms value of the electricfield component of an electromagnetic wave is 27.2 N/C. What is the maximum value of the electric