See the attachment.
1. 0.00325 x 10-8 cm equals
A. 3.25 x 10-12 mm B. 3.25 x 10-11 mm
C. 3.25 x 10-10 mm D. 3.25 x 10-9 mm
2. You measure the length and width of a rectangle to be 1.125 m and 0.606 m, respectively. You calculate the rectangle's perimeter by adding these and multiplying by two. Your calculator's display reads 3.462. To the correct number of significant figures, this should be written as:
A. 3.5 m B. 3.46 m C. 3.462 m D. 3.4620 m
A. Boat travels a distance 2d in still water.
B. Boat travels a distance d upstream and then returns to its starting point.
C. Boat travels a distance d downstream and then returns to its starting point.
D. The time is the same in all of the above cases.
Please see the attachment.
Please note that this is not a hand in ...
The solution provides answers to multiple choice questions on Physics. Relevant calculations are also provided.
Calculations: Volume, Density, Mass, Efficiency, Conversions
1. Calculate the volume of 235.1 g of mercury (D=13.5g/cm3). Round to one decimal place, do not include units in your answer.
2. The empty cylinder has a mass of 45.8 g. A liquid is added and the mass of the liquid and the cylinder is 107.2. What is the density of the liquid in the cylinder? Round to one decimal place; do not include units in your answer.
3. A little aluminum boat (mass of 10.8 g) has a volume of 450.00 cm3. The boat is placed in a small pool of water and carefully filled with paper clips. If each paper clip has a mass of 2.1 g, how many paper clips can be added to the boat before it sinks? Round to the nearest whole number, do not include units in your answer.
4. An SUV gets 18.4mi/gal (miles per gallon), what is it's fuel efficiency in km/liter? Round to one decimal place, do not include units in your answer.
5. Convert 628.8 g to lbs. Round to one decimal place, do not include units.
6. My television screen measures 39 in. from corner to corner. How many cm is this? Round to one decimal place, do not include units in your answer.
7. An unknown metal has a density of 4.8 g/cm3. What is that density in kg/m3? Round to the nearest whole number, do not include units.
8. A lead sphere (D=11.4g/ml) has a mass of 5,361.5 g. What is the radius of the sphere in cm? Do not include units in your answer, round to one decimal place.
9. Convert 1.42 light-years to miles (a light year is an astronomical measure of distance-the distance traveled by light in a year or 365 days; the speed of light is 3.00 x 108 m/s). Use the format 3.00E8 for your answer. Use three significant digits in your answer.
10 .A metal cube has a length of 6 cm and a mass of 529.8 g. Find it's density. Round to one decimal place, do not include units in your answer.
11. A 173.9 g sample of a mixture contains 30% by mass lithium chloride. What mass (g) of lithium chloride is present in the sample? Round to one decimal place, do not include units.
12. What volume (ml) of 23% (m/v) LiCl solution will provide 32 grams of LiCl? Round to one decimal places, do not include units in your answer.View Full Posting Details