You are based in Switzerland. You own two call options both maturing in one year: call option to buy USD at strike 1.2200 CHF/USD and call option to buy EUR at strike 1.5200 CHF/EUR. Spot CHF/USD is 1.2255 and spot CHF/EUR is 1.5255. Which of the option costs more?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 4:35 pm ad1c9bdddf
See the attached file. Thanks
You are based in Switzerland. You own two call options both maturing in one year: call option to ...
Black-Scholes Formula is utilized. The call options for maturing in one year are found for Switzerland.
1. On Monday morning, an investor takes a long position in pound futures contract that matures on Wednesday afternoon. The agreed-upon price is $1.78 for 62,500 pound sterling. At the close of trading on Monday, the futures price has risen to $1.79. At Tuesday close the price rises further to $1.80. At Wednesday close, the price falls to $1.785, and the contract matures. The investor takes delivery of the pounds at the prevailing price of $1.785. Detail the daily settlement process (refer to exhibit 8.3). What will be the investor's profit (loss)?
2. The DEC buys a Swiss franc futures contract (contract size is SFr 125,000) at a price of $0.83. If the spot rate for the Swiss franc at the date of settlement is SFr1 = $0.8250, what is DEC's gain or loss on this contract?
3. Assume that the spot price of the British pound is $1.55, the annualized 30-day sterling interest rate is 10%, the annualized 30-day U.S. interest rate is 8.5%, and the annualized standard deviation of the dollar:pound exchange rate is 17%. Calculate the value of a 30-day PHLX call option on the pound at a strike price of $1.57.
4. On August 6, you go long one IMM yen futures contract at an opening price of $0.00812 with a performance bond of $4,590 and a maintenance performance bond of $3,400. The settlement prices for August 6, 7, and 8 are $0.00791, and $0.00845, and $0.00894, respectively. On August 9, you close out the contract at a price of $0.00857. Your round-trip commission is $31.48.
a. Calculate the daily cash flows on your account. Be sure to take into account your required performance bond and any performance bond calls.
b. What is your cash balance with your broker on the morning of August 10?
5. On June 25, the call premium on a December 25 PHLX contract is 6.65 cents per pound at a strike price of $1.81. The 180-day interest rate is 7.5% in London and 4.75% in New York. If the current spot rate is 1 pound sterling = $1.8470 and the put=call parity holds, what is the put premium on a December 25 PHLX pound contract with an exercise price of $1.81?View Full Posting Details