Why are hospitals used as an example of economies of scope?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:18 am ad1c9bdddf
Why are hospitals used as an example of economies of scope?
According to David Kass in his 1998 article, "Economies of Scope and Home Healthcare," economies of scope exist if a firm can produce several product lines at a given output level more cheaply than a combination of separate firms each producing a single product at the same output level. Economies of scope differ from economies of scale in that a firm ...
Economies of Scope and Home Healthcare are featured. References are also provided to further validate the findings.
Antimicrobial Resistance: Scope, Cause, and Ethics
Please look at topics to choose from. I was thinking about the overuse of antibiotics.
Choose 1 contemporary health care issue that has not been previously analyzed in a discussion question or Individual Project where legal and ethical considerations are oppositional. Some examples include:
- Late term abortion
- Assisted suicide
- Medical treatment for the elderly or terminally ill
- Donor organ harvesting and transplantation
- Identify and evaluate the relevant ethical and legal factors that are inherent in the chosen issue.
- Research and analyze any high visibility cases in the public domain that pertain to the chosen issue, and present key findings.
- Identify and explain the impact of at least 3 state or federal laws that are relevant to the issue.
- Present a summary of the impact of the issue based on available decision-making options from the provider, patient, and administrator perspectives.