1. Garvin Enterprises' bonds currently sell for $1,150. They have a 6-year maturity, an annual coupon of $85, and a par value of $1,000. What is their current yield?
2. Wachowicz Corporation issued 15-year, noncallable, 7.5% annual coupon bonds at their par value of $1,000 one year ago. Today, the market interest rate on these bonds is 5.5%. What is the current price of the bonds, given that they now have 14 years to maturity?
3. McDonnell Manufacturing is expected to pay a dividend of $1.50 per share at the end of the year (D1 = $1.50). The stock sells for $34.50 per share, and its required rate of return is 11.5%. The dividend is expected to grow at some constant rate, g, forever. What is the equilibrium expected growth rate?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 15, 2018, 11:54 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/economics/bonds/bond-stock-questions-247323
1. Current Yield = Annual Interest / Price = 85/1,150 = 7.39%
2. The current price of the bond is the present value of interest and principal discounted at the market rate of 5.5%. ...
The solution explains some questions relating to current yield, price of bonds and growth rate for stocks