Discuss the performance chain as it applies to your organization or one with which you are familiar. Identify the key components and links of the performance chain within the organization. Is the performance chain effective?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:03 am ad1c9bdddf
In our organization, the performance chain is formed to a service industry since we are a service firm. In our performance chain, we start with the customer that comes in for service. The customer typically brings their work in with them, which is then routed to our data entry clerks. From the data entry clerks, the work then moves through the performance chain to a staff accountant. The staff accountant performs what he or she needs to, and the work then continues through the ...
Discuss the performance chain as it applies to your organization or one with which you are familiar. Identify the key components and links of the performance chain within the organization. Is the performance chain effective?
Distribution and Supply Chain Management
Can you please help me with these questions? I am having difficulty with this distribution. Each response must be one decent paragraph. Name of the textbook enclosed. Thanks in advance for your help.
DISTRIBUTIONS & SUPPLY DISCUSSIONS
1. In your opinion, what is Supply Chain Management? Please, if possible, do so BEFORE completing the reading for this week. If you have completed the reading, that is okay, but please respond with what your opinion is and not just what the book says.
2. What specific role does logistics play in supply chain operations?
3. This week's reading looks at some common trade-offs between the work areas of logistics. Please discuss what these are and whether or not you believe that there is a trade-off. Why do you feel this way? Don't be afraid to challenge the book if you disagree or can think of examples that prove them wrong. If a trade-off does exist, can it be minimized?
4. Using the criteria in table 3.1 in your text, give some specific examples of how customers might evaluate the performance of a supplier. Real life examples from your personal experience are valuable as well if you have any that you would like to share.
5. Discuss the benefits and risks to using volume consolidation and a single supplier.
6. Using television receivers as an example, how could three different brands be perceived by different consumers as being the best quality brand in the market?
7. Discuss the importance of collaboration in the developing of supply chain strategies. Please provide a detailed response.
8. Identify and discuss the major forecast components. Why is it important to decompose demand into these components when developing new forecasts?
Bowersox, D.(2013). Supply Chain Logistics Management. (4th ed). Richard D. Irwin, IncView Full Posting Details