1. Under which conditions would a plant manager elect to use a fixed-order quantity model as opposed to a fixed-time period model?
2. What are the disadvantages of using a fixed-time period ordering system? What are the advantages of using a fixed-time period ordering system?
3. What are the disadvantages of using a fixed-order quantity ordering system? What are the advantages of using a fixed-order quantity ordering system?
4. Which type of inventory system would you use in the following situations?
- Supplying your kitchen with fresh food.
- Obtaining a daily newspaper.
- Buying gas for your car.
To which of these items do you impute the highest stockout cost?
1. What are characteristics of efficient, responsive, risk-hedging, and agile supply chains? Can a supply chain be both efficient and responsive? Risk-hedging and agile? Why or why not?
2. As a supplier, which factors about a buyer (your potential customer) would you consider to be important in setting up a long-term relationship? As a customer which factors about a supplier (potential supplier) would you consider to be important in setting up a supplier partnership?
This posting provides solution to several problems on operations management including Fixed-Order Quantity Model, fixed-time period ordering system, inventory system, stockout cost etc