Suppose your college or organization is considering a new project that would involve developing an information system that would allow all employees and students/customers to access and maintain their own human resources-related information, such as address, marital status , tax information, and so on. The main benefits of the system would be a reduction in human resources personnel and more accurate information.
For example, if an employee, student, or customer had new telephone number or e-mail address, he or she would be responsible for entering the new data in the new system. The new system would also allow employees to change their tax withholdings or pension plan contributions. Identify five potential risks for this new project, being sure to list some negative and positive risks. Provide a detailed description of each risk and propose strategies for addressing each risk.
Hello, I would first like to define what a positive risk is. Positive risk refers to risk that we initiate ourselves because we see a potential opportunity, along with a potential for failure. So in other words, there is a positive outcome, even though there could or might be potential risks or roadblock,
I will provide you with enough information, and then you can formulate your essay based on some of these ideas.
1) a positive risk: teaching the students/teachers how to use the program. This is positive because the program is supporting them to take control of their own human resource information.
- the problem states that this program will reduce the number of HR employees needed which is a positive thing.
- There are some risks however, and it has to do with the fact that the program is online
- Not everyone has good computer skills to navigate a website
- Older employees might have never used a computer for tasks other then word processing or data crunching
- People with weaker computer skills might be hesitant to use the program
Solution: HR will set up conferences where the employees and students will be taught step by step how to access, use and manage the new system. As well, there will be a role out phase, where there will be HR staff on hand to help out when needed. Finally, to ease the mind of ...
The solution assesses the risk and proposes strategies for addressing them for a new college project.