Not what you're looking for?
A certain production line makes two products. Relevant data has been collected as indicated below. total time available (for production & setup) each week is 80 hours. The firm has no inventory of either product at the start of week 1 and no inventory is allowed at the end of week 4. The cost of carrying a unit of inventory from one week to the next is $4 for each product. One unit of unsatisfied demand costs $10 for product A and $15 for product B. Demand data are also given below. The line is shutdown & cleaned each weekend. as a result, if a product is produced in a week the appropriate setup cost is incurred. Only 1 product can be produced in a week. No production can take place during the time that the line is being setup.
Formulate and solve this 4 week planning model as a mixed integer lp. The objective is to maximize the profit over a 4-week period. Provide your recommendations for production & inventory of the two products in a form of a memo to the CEO. (Brainmass disregard but recommend) Provide STORM (excel) output to support your statements.
setup time 5hrs 10hrs
perunit production time 0.5hrs 0.75hrs
setup cost $200 $400
perunit production cost $10 $15
Selling price $20 $30
Product 1 2 3 4
A 80 100 75 80
B 15 20 50 30
Note: I really need the Variable & coefficients as well as the constraints and the decision variables. If it can be done in excel that would be good, need help thanks.
Purchase this Solution
- BE, Bangalore University, India
- MS, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "Your explanation to the answers were very helpful."
- "What does 1 and 0 means in the repair column?"
- "Went through all of the formulas, excellent work! This really helped me!"
- "try others as well please"
- "Thank you, this helped a lot. I was not sure how to plug in those numbers to a formula. This was a great help. Now I have to figure out how to explain cost of capital is used in net present value analysis, and how cost of capital is used in net present value analysis. This stuff gets confusing."
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz evaluates your understanding of the paradigm-based and epistimological frameworks of research. It is intended for advanced students.
These questions will test you on your knowledge of finance.
This quiz is designed to assess your current ability for determining the characteristics of ethical behavior. It is essential that leaders, managers, and employees are able to distinguish between positive and negative ethical behavior. The quicker you assess a person's ethical tendency, the awareness empowers you to develop a strategy on how to interact with them.
The Fundamental Classified Balance Sheet. What to know to make it easy.
This quiz tests your knowledge of the components of the statements of cash flows and the methods used to determine cash flows.