Hello, I need assistance with the following:
(Lessee-Lessor Entries; Sales-Type Lease) On January 1, 2007, Bensen Company leased equipment to Flynn Corporation. The following information pertains to this lease:
1. The term of the non-cancelable lease is 6 years, with no renewal option. The equipment reverts to the lessor at the termination of the lease.
2. Equal rental payments are due on January 1 of each year, beginning in 2007.
3. The fair value of the equipment on January 1, 2007, is $150,000, and its cost is $120,000.
4. The equipment has an economic life of 8 years, with an unguaranteed residual value of $10,000. Flynn depreciates all of its equipment on a straight-line basis.
5. Bensen set the annual rental to ensure an 11% rate of return. Flynn's incremental borrowing rate is 12%, and the implicit rate of the lessor is unknown.
6. Collectibility of lease payments is reasonably predictable, and no important uncertainties surround the amount of costs yet to be incurred by the lessor.
(Both the lessor and the lessee's accounting period ends on December 31.)
(a) Discuss the nature of this lease to Bensen and Flynn.
(b) Calculate the amount of the annual rental payment.
(c) Prepare all the necessary journal entries for Flynn for 2007.
(d) Prepare all the necessary journal entries for Bensen for 2007.
Please show any calculations so that I can answer these types of questions should they appear on my final exam.
Thank you.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 11:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution provides assistance with the questions regarding a lease to Bensen and Flynn.