Find an estimate of the risk-free rate of interest (krf). To obtain this value, go to Bloomberg.com: Market Data and use the "U.S. 10-year Treasury" bond rate (middle column) as the risk-free rate. In addition, you also need a value for the market risk premium. Use an assumed market risk premium of 7.5%. Download the XYZ Stock Information by clicking the link: https://mycampus.aiu-online.com/courses/FINA310/Assignment_Assets/FINA310_U3_f1.pdf
Using the information from the XYZ Stock Information document, record the following values:
- XYZ's beta
- XYZ's current annual dividend
- XYZ's 3-year dividend growth rate (g)
- Industry P/E
- XYZ's EPS
With the information you recorded, use the CAPM to calculate XYZ's required rate of return (ks).
Use the CGM to find the current stock price for XYZ. We will call this the theoretical price (Po).
Now use appropriate Web resources to find XYZ's current stock quote (P). Compare Po and P and answer the following questions:
- Are there any differences?
- What factors may be at work for such a difference in the two prices?
Now assume the market risk premium has increased from 7.5% to 10% and this increase is due only to the increased risk in the market. In other words, assume the krf and the stock's beta remain the same for this exercise.
- What will the new price be? Explain.
Recalculate XYZ's stock price using the P/E ratio model and the needed info found in the XYZ Stock Information file.
- Why is the present stock price different from the price arrived at using CGM (Constant Growth Model)?
Please see the attached file as well.
1. Find an estimate of the risk-free rate of interest, krf. To obtain this value, go to Bloomberg.com: Market Data [http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/index.html] and use the "U.S. 10-year Treasury" bond rate as the risk-free rate. In addition, you also need a value for the market risk premium. Use an assumed market risk premium of 7.5%.
- See attachment for the chart.
Go to the website and collect the information about U.S. 10-Year Treasury. Thus, the risk free rate is 2.625%.
2. Download this XYZ Stock Information document (.pdf file). Please note that the following information contained in this document must be used to complete the subsequent questions.
1. XYZ's beta: 1.64
2. XYZ's current annual dividend: $0.80 per share (from supplied pdf file)
3. XYZ's 3-year dividend growth rate (g): 8.2% (from supplied pdf file)
4. Industry P/E - 23.2 (from supplied pdf file)
5. XYZ's EPS: $4.87
3. With the information you now ...