1)Nick has a revolving department store credit card account with an annual percentage rate of 15%. Last month's balance on the account was 423.78. During the current month, he made purchases totaling 123.42 and made a payment of 100. The store uses the unpaid balance method. According to this information, what must be the amount of the finance charge? Round your answer to the nearest cent.
3) Using the information provided in Question 2 what is nick's current account balance?
4) A company purchased an air conditioning system for 10,200. The shipping charges on the system were 875, and the setup costs were 1,250. The system is expected to last for 5 years and has a residual value of 2,000. If you use the straight-line method to calculate the depreciation for this air conditioning system, what would be the annual depreciation
5) Wallace and sarah have decided to purchase furniture for their new home. They have 2 payment options. The first option is to pay a cash payment of 4,200. The second option is to finance the furniture with a two-year installment loan. The loan requires at 12% down payment and 24 equal monthly payments of 195. According to this information what would be the finance charge on the loan
6) The patel family recently purchased a home, taking out a mortgage of 235,000 at 8 3/4% for 25 years. The annual property taxes on the home are 6,345, and the annual hazard insurance premium is 1,479. What is the monthly PITI payment of their loan
7) How much money must be deposited now, at 6% interest compounded semiannually, to yield an annuity payment of 4,000 at the beginning of each six-month period, for a total of five years? Round your answer to the nearest cent
8) What sinking fund payment would be required at the end of each three-month period at 8% interest compounded quarterly, in order to amount to 20,000 within five years
9) Brenda bought a swimming pool by obtaining an 8% add-on interest installment loan from the bank. The pool cost 2,400, and the bank required a 15% down payment and equal monthly payments for two years. How much is brendas monthly payments
10) Shawn bought a home with an adjustable rate mortgage. The margin on the loan is 2.7% and the rate cap is 7.2% over the life of the loan. If the current index rate is 4.3% what is the initial interest rate of the ARM.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:12 am ad1c9bdddf
This provides an example of problems regarding credit and compound interest, depreciation, finance charges, and mortgage.
Social and Political Issues - Kinship Systems and others
1. Discuss folk wisdom in regards to illness and healing. Please provide at least two specific examples of how cultural anthropology can contribute to improved health care delivery. You may even wish to share a family "cure" or remedy that was passed down to you through generations as an example of folk wisdom (i.e. chicken soup, etc.)
2. Discuss and compare two different types of kinship systems and/or domestic life styles as portrayed in the popular media (movies, television, magazines, internet) or as found in anthropological research. Attach a visual representation if you can.
3. Go to the Fight Hate and Promote Tolerance web page http://www.tolerance.org. Link to "Explore Your Hidden Biases" under the heading "Dig Deeper." Read information on testing yourself for hidden biases. Then link to "Select a Test." Take the following four tests:
1. Racial Bias Black/White Adults
2. Gender Bias
3. Age Bias
4. Sexual Orientation Bias
Select "Go to Test" and complete demographic information.
**After completing each test, you may either copy and paste your results to a discussion board posting or, if you prefer, discuss your results. Were you surprised by these results? If so, why? If not, why not? Also, please include your own reactions to the tests. Do you think these are valid tests? In what other ways could this topic be studied?
4. Because patterns of political organization and leadership vary according to mode of production and global economic relationships, please find and post an example of a strategy for building nationalism. This might include museums, songs, media-relayed messages, etc. Be sure to either attach a visual example with your discussion or give us the URL for the web site you found in your research.
5. Imagine you are an anthropologist interested in studying the topics in (social control, order, conflict). Select a country (anywhere in the world) and propose a research project to go to that country. What are some possible hypotheses? How will you refine your topic? Where will you go within your selected site to collect data? How will you get entree? How will you establish rapport? Have fun with this one and be creative or even outrageous. Remember time and money are not an issue (since we are fantasizing!) This should be at least 250 words (one page) minimum, you might want to write it in your word file and attach.
Note: If anyone was dissatisfied with the bias tests from Harvard test here is YOUR chance to construct a meaningful research study that would overcome all the issues you felt invalidated the Project Impact assessments.
6. In order to demonstrate that you know what human paralanguage is, provide and discuss at least three examples such as silence, body language, dress, looks and other symbols as channels of communication. Use examples from different cultures and try to include at least one regarding gender. Feel free to write your response in a word document and include visuals, if you can.
7. Find a Museum Web Site and take a virtual field trip. Post what you learned by "visiting" the museum by giving us the URL to the museum site. Then take us on a tour of the site by pointing out at least two "not to be missed" features of the museum. Finally, compose at least one question for the class that can stimulate more discussion about your selected museum. Remember, you are touring the museum as anthropologist, not a tourist. Do you know the difference?
8. Research spatial rendering using GIS (Geographic Information System) on the internet (articles, pictures) and see how the many topics within cultural anthropology that we have studied can be reformulated using this new technology. In what ways will our research methodologies and theoretical paradigms change because of this technology?
9. Think about how you viewed yourself within society, your community, and how you generally thought about cultural issues. Next, think about the concepts, ideas, opinions, and people you have been exposed to in this class. Consider any changes to your thinking or perspectives. Consider what ideas and perspectives you held that were reinforced for you for the concepts your learned. In what way(s) do you think you developed your ability to think anthropologically and how does this relate to any critical thinking skills applied?
10. You will no doubt run across films, television programs, etc. that deal directly with the material we are studying. Will you please share by posting here any multimedia resources you feel relate to area of study? Anthropology.
11. Find a picture that you feel shows a good representation of art from a cross-cultural perspective. Feel free to be as creative as you wish.
Then attach the picture to this discussion board and discuss at least one of the following points:
? how cultural anthropology contributes to the understanding of what "art" is from a cross-cultural perspective.
? what are the major categories of art cross-culturally.
? what do cultural anthropologists emphasize in the study of art.
? what are the major structural factors involved in art such as political and ethnic interests in promotion of identity.
? what are some examples of how cross-cultural differences in various categories of art such as music, theater, and architecture might relate to their social contexts.
? how are art museums cultural constructions that respond to their own particular contexts.
? what play and leisure are and provide examples of how they are shaped by culture and contribute to shaping people's cultural worlds.
? how larger cultural structures are involved in how and why art and leisure activities change over time