Hi, I need assistance answering the following questions. I am having some difficulty getting started.
1. Do all organizations need an ethics audit program?
2. What is the difference between ethics audit and a social audit?
3. What are the benefits and challenges of an ethics audit program?
4. What is an organization you are familiar with, that I can relate to, why would an ethics program be beneficial to this company? Would such a program benefit their employees or be a hindrance?
Dear Student, this assignment focuses on the effectiveness of social and ethics audit programs. There is a distinct difference between the two although society may place them all in one category. With the increased expectation of transparency in business and heightened expectations on organization's social responsibility, ethics audit programs have an increasing role within organizations. These are my thoughts on your assignment. I hope you gain some value from my insight. Thank you for using Brainmass.com.
1. All organizations need an ethics audit program. Having such a program allows an organization to do a comparison between actual employee behavior and the guidance from the employee behavior provided in policies and procedures. The more descriptive these policies are, the easier it is to do a comparison. An audit of the ethics program allows program managers to gauge effectiveness.
2. Social audits help companies create, improve, and ...
The expert examines implementing and auditing ethics programs. The differences between ethics audit and a social audit are determined.
Corporate Law Economic Reform Program 9
There have been significant changes to Corporations Law which became effective from 2004.
Part (a) Summarise the changes relating specifically to auditor independence contained in CLERP 9 (Corporate Law Economic Reform Program 9). [Hint: An internet search will provide numerous resources to assist you in finding details of the law reforms].
Part (b) Select one of the changes relating to independence to be implemented by the profession and:
1. comment on why the change was introduced; critically evaluate the potential impact of the change you identified in 1. above on the profession using your own personal opinions supported by relevant research
What I basically require from each part is as follows:
Part (a) Please be careful to clearly and succinctly state the nature of the law reforms in this part.
Part (b) Research the literature leading up to the changes in the law and apply your own opinions to explain why the changes were introduced and whether in your opinion the possible impact from implementation of the changes is good or bad and these opinions should be supported by your research.
Will you please provide the solution with proper index reference so that I can check/verify the solution and have clear understanding of the problem?