Part 9 A
- Describe the term groupthink.
- Which attributes are typically present for groupthink to develop?
- How can a team reduce the tendency for groupthink and move past the norming stage to the storming stage?
You have just been assigned the lead role on a team project at work. Your team is comprised of people from various geographic locations and everyone will work remotely. Describe how to effectively build and manage your virtual team. Be sure to discuss:
- The advantages of working as a team rather than individually.
- What kind of employees would probably prefer to work in a virtual team rather than a team that meets face to face?
- Discuss the stages of team development, and how you will help the team move through each stages.
- Describe how you will build team leader credibility.
- Describe how you will establish goals for your team.
Part 11 A
- Some managers are born speakers while others do much better with the written word. Do you believe one skill is more important than the other for a manager? Why?
You are the CEO of an organization. Prepare a speech that you will deliver to the employees of your organization.
Economic downturn has hit the organization hard. Downsizing is inevitable and there have been rumors about layoffs in the near future. The employees are stressed and frightened. Your goal is to restore calm, address fears, motivate employees to continuing working hard, and provide a vision for the future.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:52 am ad1c9bdddf
Describe the term groupthink.
Groupthink represents an occurrence wherein collective members of a group engage in a faulty decision-making process facilitated by group pressures that manifest a deterioration of "mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment.
• Which attributes are typically present for groupthink to develop?
For groupthink to occur, the following variables are typically present, members of the group are similar in background, members in the group are insulated from outside opinions, and no clear rules exist for decision making.
• How can a team reduce the tendency for groupthink and move past the norming stage to the storming stage?
To reduce the tendency for groupthink, group leaders must concisely assign the role of critical evaluator to each member. The group should refrain from establishing preferences and expectations at the outset, and routine group discussions should be held in regard to the direction of the group and roles that group members have in fostering ideas that can buck the pervasive ideology of groupthink.
You have just been assigned the lead role on a team project at work. Your team is comprised of people from various geographic locations and everyone will work ...
This solution discusses groupthink and successful strategies to alleviate it.
Business and Inaccurate Financial Statements
In part, many corporate scandals center on misleading or inaccurate financial statements (Enron, WorldComm, Global Crossing, and Tycho are examples from 2002 mentioned in Chapter 1). Also, the financial crisis in 2007-08 period included corporate failures in the financial sector and enormous losses for investors. With that said......
1.How do firms manage to mislead investors?
2.Do you feel reforms already enacted (like Sarbanes-Oxley or more recent reforms after the financial crisis) have or will make a major difference explain why?
3. Do you think additional legal or regulatory actions are needed?
Your response should be 300 words or less and include sources cited in apaView Full Posting Details