Date Transaction Amount
1/1 Beginning balance $75,000
4/1 Withdrawal 18,750
6/1 Investment 37,500
11/1 Investment 18,750
1/1 Beginning balance $37,500
7/1 Investment 18,750
10/1 Withdrawal 9,375
Partnership net income for the year ended December 31, 2008 is $68,400 before considering salaries or interest.
Please help me with the following questions and provide all work in the attached Excel file so that I can understand where I went wrong.
Determine the amount of profit that is to be allocated to Day and Night in accordance with each of the following independent profit-sharing agreements:
1. Day and Night failed to provide a profit-sharing arrangement in the articles of partnership and fail to compromise on an agreement.
2. Net income is to be allocated 60% to Day and 40% to Night.
3. Net income is to be allocated in the ratio of ending capital balances.
4. Net income is to be allocated in the ratio of average capital balances.
5. Interest of 15% is to be granted on average capital balances, salaries of $15,000 and $8,250 are to be allocated to Day and Night, respectively, and the remainder is to be divided equally.
The expert examines capital transactions for Day and Night during 2008 for profit allocation.