1) Find a recent annual report for Coca Cola company on the Internet. Include the date of the annual report you accessed and the website address for the 2007 annual report. Locate the audited financial statements. Review the audited balance sheet and income statement in the annual report to answer the following questions:
1. Identify the temporary accounts that are closed directly to the Income Summary Account. Identify any temporary accounts that are closed directly to Retained Earnings.
2. On which company financial statements do the identified temporary accounts appear?
3. Identify the permanent accounts that would appear on a post-closing trial balance.
4. Do permanent accounts appear on the income statement or balance sheet?
5. Review the income statement, retained earnings statement (or the statement of changes in stockholders' equity) and the balance sheet. Identify the amounts that are carried over from one financial statement to another. For example, what amount is carried over from the income statement to the retained earnings statement? What amount is carried over from the retained earnings statement to the balance sheet?
2) Refer to the income statement in the annual report used to respond to the first question to answer the following questions:
1. What type of operating revenue (e.g. service revenue, sales) is reported?
2. What types of operating expenses appear on the income statement?
3. Does the income statement list (1) other revenues and other gains and (2) other expenses and losses?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:05 am ad1c9bdddf
The December 31, 2007 financial statements for Coca-Cola Company were accessed through Yahoo Finance. Use the following link:
1. The temporary accounts are all of the accounts showing on the Consolidated Statements of Income. Accounts that could be closed directly to retained earnings, such as dividends, are not reported on this income statement. (For some companies, dividends are shown on the income statement.) In the case of Coca-Cola, dividends are reported only on the Consolidated Statement of Shareowners' Equity and will be closed directly to retained earnings (called reinvested earnings).
2. All ...
The 401+ word solution carefully explains each of the questions posed about the Coca Cola financial statements with definitions and location in the website. There is a link provided to review the statements
Human Resources Report
Begin Assembly of Human Resources Report to the Board of Directors
Assemble the reports generated in Units 1-4 into a new, comprehensive report. This step should include aggregation of the following sections:
Executive Summary [Placeholder: this is completed in Step 3]
Table of Contents [Placeholder: this is completed in Step 4]
Section 1: Current Human Resources Environment
Section 2: Company's Human Resources Posture
Section 3: Comparator Group Human Resources Posture
Section 4: Company's Human Resources Competitive Position
Section 5: Recommendations and Expected Impact [Placeholder: this is completed in Step 2]
References [Placeholder: this is completed in Step 4]
Appendices [Placeholder: this is completed in Step 4]
Step 2: Recommendations and Expected Impact
Based on the work completed in Units 1-4, develop at least 1 recommendation in each of the areas listed below that are designed to improve the company's competitive human resources position. Be sure to include a detailed description of the recommendation, an overview of how the recommendation would be implemented, and a discussion of the expected impact of each recommendation.
Benefits and Compensation
Step 3: Executive Summary
Develop an overview (2-3 pages) presenting key points from all five sections of the report. Executive summaries are always included in reports to the board of directors as a courtesy, to allow them to quickly assess the overall report and facilitate discussion. The executive summary should be concise, factual, and professional in tone.
Step 4: Finalize Assembly of the Human Resources Report to the Board of Directors
Finalize assembly of the report, inserting the Executive Summary, Table of Contents, and the Section 5 Recommendations. Make sure the References listing is aggregated from all prior work. The final References listing should be alpha order, with citations in APA format. The Appendices should be ordered to correspond with the final report.View Full Posting Details