True or False
1. The 3 types of integer programming models are total, 0 - 1, and mixed.
2. In a mixed integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values.
3. A rounded-down integer solution can result in a more than optimal solution to an integer programming problem.
4. If we are solving a 0-1 integer programming problem, the constraint x1 + x2 = 1 is a mutually exclusive constraint.
5. A rounded-down integer solution can result in a less than optimal solution to an integer programming problem.
6. Types of integer programming models are _____________.
b. 0 - 1
d. all of the above
7. Which of the following is not an integer linear programming problem?
a. pure integer
b. mixed integer
8. If x1 + x2 is less than or equal to 500y1 and y1 is 0-1, then x1 and x2 will be _______________ if y1 is 0.
a. equal to 0
b. less than 0
c. more than 0
d. equal to 500
9. If a maximization linear programming problem consist of all less-than-or-equal-to constraints with all positive coefficients and the objective function consists of all positive objective function coefficients, then rounding down the linear programming optimal solution values of the decision variables will ______ result in an optimal solution to the integer linear programming problem.
a. a real solution
b. a degenerate solution
c. an infeasible solution
d. the optimal solution
e. a feasible solution
The solution provides answers and explnations to multiple choice questions on integer programming