Need assistance on problemsProblems needing assistance
1. What is the solution of the system? Type an ordered pair
2. Hockey team receives 2 points when they win and 1 point when they tie. One season, a team won a championship with 60 points. They won 12 more games than they tied. How many wins and how many ties did the team have?
3. Solve by the elimination method. What is the solution of the system? Type an ordered pair.
4. What is the solution of the system? Type an ordered pair.
0.05x+ 0.25y= 66
5. The perimeter of a rectangle is 240 inches. The length exceeds the width by 44 inches. Find the length and the width.
6. A disc jockey must play 14 commercial spots during 1 hour of a radio show. Each commercial is either 30 seconds or 60 seconds long. If the total commercial time during 1 hour is 11 minutes, how many 30 second commercials were played that hour? How many 60 second commercials?
The solution explains how to set up and solve the system of linear equations for algebra word problems.