1. True or False:
The ordered pair (-4, 5) is a solution of the following system of equations:
3X - 4Y= -32
-7X + 10Y = 78
2. Which one is addition method and which one is substitution method?
(20x -3y = 14) and (4x + 10y = -8)
(x = 3y + 14) and (4x + 10y = -8)
4. Which one is: Parallel, Perpendicular, or neither.
x = -3y + 4
y = -3x -3
y= 3x + 2
5. Solve the system by any method.
x= 7/4 y + 3
4x - 7y =12
6. What is the slope of the line passing through the points (5,2) and (0,0).
7. Determine whether the graphs of the pair of equations are parallel, perpendicular or neither.
9x + 3y = 9
3x - 9y = 1
8. Write an equation of the line that passes through the given point and is parallel to the given line. Write the answer in slope-intercept form.
(0,6), 4y - 12x = 2
9. If the following system is to be solved using the addition method, by what constant should one of the equations be multiplied if the x terms are to drop out?
-6x - 2y= -8
-12 - 3y= 3
Linear equations are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response received a rating of "5/5" from the student who originally posted the question.