Difficulty understanding the process with functions (see attached)
5) Given the function f describe by f(x)=x+10. Find each of the following: f(0)=
7) Find the indicated outputs for f(x)=5x^2 -3x, f(0)=
8) The function H described by H(x)=2.75x+71.48 can be used to predict the height in centimeters of a women whose humerus is x cm long
Predict the height of a women whose humerus is 37 cm long
9) The function, p(d)=1+ d/33, gives the pressure, in atmospheres (atm), at a depth d in the sea (d is in feet).
Note that P(0)=1 atm, p(33)=2, and so on.
Find the pressure at 50 feet
6) Determine whether the following is a function
Give the function f describe by f(x)=x+19 find each of the following: f(0)=
The solution shows how to evaluate the function when the independent variable is given.