1)A new car depreciates an average of 22% in its first year of use. If the car was worth $16,000 when it was new, what will the car be worth after 1 year?
2) A state sales tax rate is 4.8%. If the tax on a purchase was $23.76, what was the price of the purchase?
3) Ms. Jefferson has been given a loan of $20,000 for 1 year. If the interest charged is $800, what is the interest rate on the loan?
Write 58% as a fraction or a mixed number.
5) 260 is 40% of what number?
6) On the blueprint of Lauren's new office building, the scale is 3 in. equals 8 ft. What will be the actual length of Lauren's office if it measures 6 in. long on the blueprint?
7) Are these two rates of rainfall equivalent?
1.2 inches of rain in 5 hours
2.1 inches of rain in 8 hours
8) A chemist has 400 milliliters (mL) of solution that is 21% acid. How many milliliters of acid are in the solution?
9) What two whole numbers is between? Explain your thinking.
10) Complete the statement.
35 gal = ________ L
Round to the nearest whole L
Find the missing length of the right triangle.
Step by step solutions to all the problems are provided.