Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
Solve and check each of the following equations for x
Solve each of the following equations for x
Solve the following word problems
6. A passenger train can travel 325mi in the same time a freight train takes to travel 200mi. If the speed of the passenger train is 25 mi/h faster than the speed of the freight train, fin the speed of each.
7. Ariana took 2 h longer to drive 360mi on the first day of a trip than she took to drive 270 mi on the second day. If her speed was the same on both days, what was the driving time each day?
8. A plane flies 720 mi against a steady 30-mi/h headwind and then returns to the same point with the wind. If the entire trip takes 10 h, what is the plane's speed in still air?
9. Kevin earned $165 interest for 1 year on an investment of $1500. At the same rate, what amount of interest would be earned by an investment of $2500?
Simplify each complex fraction
11. write this ratio in simplest form
12. simplify the formula
Equations and word problems are solved.