Please include answer and steps to solve problem and explain if needed.
1) What is 10^-1 + 10^0 + 10^1?
2) 16 is 20% of....
3) If f(x) = x^2 + 1, then 2f(x) = ?
4) If f(x) = x^2 + 1, then f(2x) = ?
5) If f(x) = x^2 + 1, then f(y) = ?
6) If 2x + y = 3, and x - y =3, what is x?
7) If 2x + y = 3, and x - y = 3, what is y?
8) If you walk 3 miles in one hour and then 4 miles in two hours, what is your average speed for the entire trip? (in mph)
a 2.33, b 2.5, c 3.5, d 3.67, e 1.5
9) Jack and Joe leave their homes at the same time and drive toward each other. Jack drives at 60mph while Joe drives at 30mph. They pass each other in 10 minutes. How far apart were Jack and Joe when they started (in miles)?
a 5, b 15, c 30, d 90, e 300
The solution is has a detailed explanations how to solve 9 different problems in algebra.