Please see attached file.
1. Find the following. Assume that x can represent any real number. Use absolute value notation when necessary. =
2. Find the following. Assume that a and b can represent any real number.
3. Television sets. What does it mean to refer to a 20-in TV set or a 25-in TV set? Such units refer to the diagonal of the screen. A 20-in TV set also has a width of 16 inches. What is the height of a 20 inch tv?
5. Add. Simplify by collecting like radical terms if possible, assuming that all expressions under radicals represent nonnegative numbers.
6. Rewrite with rational exponents. =
7. Simplify by factoring. Assume that all expressions under radicals represent nonnegative numbers. =
8. Multiply and simplify by factoring. =
9. Multiply. =
10. Divide. Then simplify by taking roots, if possible. =
11. Simplify by taking the roots of the numerator and denominator. =
12. Simplify. =
13. The formula r= can be used to approximate the speed r, in miles per hour, of a car that has left skid marks of length L, in feet. How far will a car skid at 80 mph?
14. Add. Simplify by collecting like radical terms if possible. =.
15. Multiply. =
16. Use rational exponents to write as a single radical expression.
17. Use the law of exponents to simplify. =
20. Use rational exponents to simplify. =
21. Write an equivalent expression using radical notation. =
22. Add or subtract. =
23. Multiply and simplify by factoring.
Write an equivalent expression using radical notation.