46. Technology. Driving down a mountain, Tom finds that he has descended 1800 ft in elevation by the time he is 3.25 mi horizontally away from the top of the mountain. Find the slope of his descent to the nearest hundredth.
28. Geometry. For the floor plans given in exercise 27, determine whether the side
through the points (2, 3) and (11, 6) is perpendicular to the side through the points
(2, 3) and (-3, 18).
6. rewrite into standard form (0,5) M = - 3/4
Write the equation of the line passing through each of the given pairs of points. Write your
result in slope-intercept form, where possible.
20. (-1, 3) and (4, -2)
24. (2, -3) and (2, 4)
36. L has y-intercept (0, -3) and is parallel to the line with equation Y= 2/3 X+ 1
40. L has y-intercept (0, 2) and is perpendicular to the line with equation 2x - 3y = 6.
52. Business and finance. In planning for a new item, a manufacturer assumes that
the number of items produced x and the cost in dollars C of producing these items
are related by a linear equation. Projections are that 100 items will cost $10,000 to
produce and that 300 items will cost $22,000 to produce. Find the equation that
relates C and x.
Linear equation problems are solved.