Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
? If a problem begins with units, the final answer should also include the proper units.
? Review all your work before submitting this Project. Typographical errors, incorrect formatting, typing words Where symbols belong, and so on, are all mistakes and will be graded as such.
When solving for x, show all operation steps followed by results of performing those operations (i.e., show that you are adding four to both sides, then on the next line show the result of that operation). When the line you're typing is an equation, you should not start the line with an extra leading equals sign.
1. Combine like terms, show your work:
2. Simplify and combine like terms:
(1/4)(3x - 2) - (5/4)(2x - 6)
3. Solve for x, collect variables on the left side of the equation:
4. Solve for x, collect variables on the left side of the equation:
4(x - 3) + 2 = 3x + 8 - 2x
5. Solve for x, collect variables on the left side of the equation:
(x - 4)/2 - 1/4 = (6x - 1)120
6. Find the area of a triangle whose base is 2.5 feet and whose height is 4.7 feet. Do not round answer.
Rewrite putting like terms together:
Combine like terms
-10-4+7=-7 5+7=12 15-6-10=-1
First we multiply the fractions through the parentheses using distributive property
(¼ * 3x - ¼ * 2) - (5/4 * 2x - 5/4 * 6)
(¾ x - 2/4) - (10x/4 - 30/4)
Because we subtract a subtraction in the second parentheses that becomes addition
3x/4 - 2/4 - 10x/4 + ...
Topics in this set include solving equations with binomials and fractions, combining like terms, and area of a triangle.