Identify and examine the history of terrorism from the American Revolution to present day, and the effect it has on governments, communities, businesses, and individuals. Address the following areas:
- Describe how the Russian revolution and the Irish Republican Army influenced terrorism in the Western hemisphere.
- Compare and contrast the differences in left-wing, guerilla ideological terrorism and the recent trend toward right-wing, religiously motivated terrorism.
- How has the introduction of weapons of mass destruction into terrorism affected methodologies of preventing and detecting terrorism?
- How has modern terrorism shaped the Department of Homeland Security's mission?
- How has modern terrorism changed the relationships between federal, state, and local government agencies, and private corporations?