What are the similarities and differences between an interview and an interrogation. Explain how you would prepare differently for each.
1. What did the court say about the methods used by police during interrogations prior to the Miranda ruling?
2. What case did the court agree to review concerning the voluntary nature of a confession?
3. What statute did Congress pass two years after the Miranda ruling?
4. Did the statute overrule the Miranda ruling?
5. How do you feel the courts should handle voluntary confession in light of the Miranda Law?
In about 1150 words, this solution discusses the concepts of interviews, interrogations and several aspects of the Miranda Law. This response is detailed and provides a few references throughout.